Thursday, November 4, 2010

She's so big!

Today was another daycare day. Emma woke up happy as a clam just talking away to herself in her crib. It was pretty warm out this morning and she only needed a sweater to get out to the car! I went to Pocatello to review a statistics test with my professor, who is a hoot. She is one of those people that is such a nerd and knows it and owns it. After that I went to my healthcare administration class. That is my major and so far I am really enjoying it. I went to walmart on my way home and got some more hangers (we have waaaaaaay too many clothes) and these little glass shelf things for the bathroom. Hopefully we can get more organized with that stuff. I also heard from Craig today about this weekend. They are having drill at a medical conference in Sun Valley. He is in Boise right now and they are making them ride a bus down tomorrow morning at 4:30 am and then on Saturday they will have to ride the bus back to Boise. Needless to say Craig was a little more than irritated. His plan was to drive to Sun Valley and then when the conference was over to just drive back to Idaho Falls. There was really no reason for him to go back to Boise, especially when he could be halfway home already if he just left from Sun Valley. Of course though, the national guard changed their mind after telling him earlier in the week that that would be just fine. At least he will still be home this weekend hooray! That is also a reason for extra hangers, most of his stuff is still folded up in boxes and it would be really nice to not have them scattered everywhere while he is staying with us temporarily. After talking to Craig for a while, I picked Emma up from daycare and we headed home. We played for a little bit before having dinner. Emma loves loves loves yogurt and I finally decided that I could get her regular adult yogurt instead of buying the toddler yogurt for her. The price difference is huge and the toddler yogurt goes bad really really fast, even though it says it has an expiration date like six months from when you buy it. She thought adult yogurt was delicious!



I did find it interesting that rather than using the spoon she is holding in her left hand, she just shoved her right hand into the yogurt contained. Then she slurped it off her hand. After dinner she was so messy I decided to just give her a shower. She has figured out her shower markers and drew a beautiful pink picture all over the inside of the shower. It mostly looked like just scribbles but I still thought she did a great job :D After a shower and getting into PJs, I took Emma over to my parent's house. Emma went to bed and my dad babysat for me while I went with my mom and Hailey to Garrett's viewing.

Although I didn't know Garrett well, my heart breaks for his family and especially for his parents who my family was very close with when I was little. The hardest part for me with his death is the realization that no matter what we do, we can't keep our kids safe 100% of the time. Shelley and Marc are great parents and a terrible thing still happened to their child. The are very loving parents. While Garrett may have died young, he had the fortune to be blessed with parents who were able to let him see the world. Shelley and Marc supported him fully in anything he chose to do. He was an active kid who was so full of life and loved every minute of his short time here. It is so unfair that such an incredible family had to suffer such an incredible tragedy. They are in my prayers. Tomorrow, I will plant the heart given to everyone attending his viewing that is filled with the seeds of wild flowers. When it blooms, every time I look at it I will remember the important lesson that the Thiel's have taught me : every minute with my child is a precious one, make the most of those precious moments. Live, laugh, love as much as you can because life is short.

No comments:

Post a Comment